Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 24 of 1001

Kinda want to do this now
Last week was a good week for my 101 in 1001 challenge. I was able to get a spot as a medic at the Spartan Race on the 28th of October so I started my "Go to bed before midnight for a week" challenge the night before. It ended up being fun, but not nearly as busy as I expected (which is a good thing for the runners). The race I was at was 8 miles long with 25 obstacles to get over including a rope bridge, spear throwing, army crawl through mud under barbed wire, and rope climbs among other things. People have gotten seriously hurt at these before so there were a team of medics hired by the race and then a local ambulance service on scene to transport anyone who needed hospital treatment. I was there with the ambulance, but the medics invited me in to help so I could get some practice.

I ended up finishing the sleep goal at a friend's house this past Friday right after I crossed off my goal to have a reiki treatment. S. invited me up to go to a healing circle with a few other people not exactly knowing what it entailed. I had figured it was going to be something like a chakra cleansing workshop or guided meditation, but it ended up being an opportunity to have a reiki healing. There were more than 20 people there all together and about 6 were healers themselves. I ended up having three healers working on me and despite not being able to turn off my mind it was very relaxing. I noticed they spent a lot of time around my head and shoulders and I had a very tingly, warm feeling around my neck and the top of my shoulders. I'm just getting over a cold, so maybe they were working on that. Not really sure. But I did enjoy the experience and would very much like to do it again.

Since November 1st I've been working on my novel for NaNoWriMo and I'm at close to 2500 words. It's not as far as I'd hoped I'd be by now, but I didn't work at all on it this weekend since I was busy with friends and then with my Gram going back into the hospital. I like my idea though and I think I should be able to write a lot about it so hopefully I can get caught up soon. For now my title is Rewritten and it's about a high school age girl who finds a special locket that allows her to fall into books and meet her favorite characters.

Has anyone else out there had a reiki healing or anything similar? Any other WriMos working on novels? Anyone do the Spartan Race?

No comments:

Post a Comment