Saturday, October 20, 2012

One Week In

I'm a week into my 101 in 1001 challenge and I've gotten a fair start on a few of my goals. The original list can be seen on the 101 in 1001 page of the blog here. I'm pretty happy with the progress I've made. Hopefully I can keep chipping away at the list little by little.

Goals in progress:
3. Become an EMT - This one is kind of cheating I suppose since I had started the class before I wrote my list, but I'm still going to count it as being in progress. We're about halfway through the course now and I just started my clinical time this week. We have to do a total of 16 hours in the ER and 24 hours on an ambulance. So far I'm at 13 hours of ride time and I've gone on 3 calls! Three might seem like not a big deal, but I'm pretty lucky since they were all from yesterday and most students don't get very many calls.

57. Participate in NaNoWriMo - I'm also moving this one to "in progress" since I have decided to take the plunge and am working on outlining my novel. (Although I might change subjects. We'll see haha) I've decided that whether I win the NaNo or not, as long as I've actually worked at it seriously I'll count it as complete since my goal is to participate. Maybe if I don't win but do enjoy it my next 101 list will have a "Win NaNo" goal!

60. Send 101 cards or letters to family and friends (3/101) - As you can see, I've managed to send 3 cards out. I was rather surprised that it only took 2 days for one of them to reach Hawaii! I've also created a list of people I'd like to send cards to eventually so I'll have a guideline to go off of when I'm stuck thinking "Who should I write to now?"

74. Keep up with my Question a Day Journal - I love this thing. My mom gave it to me for Christmas last year. It's a five year journal that has a question each day and four lines for a response. Today's question is "Who do you count on?" but it has funny ones like "What sound effect are you most like today?" too.

95. Save all my small change to cash in on the 1001st day - I just went and dumped all my coins into my piggy bank! I think I'll probably do this on a weekly basis or whenever my wallet gets too fat!

No comments:

Post a Comment