Thursday, August 16, 2012

Welcome to my blog! I'll be posting about my life, my crafts, and my journey to medical school. Right now I am waiting to start classes to get my EMT-Basic certification. I just graduated from Rockford College in May with a bachelor's in Biochemistry but I didn't make it into medical school just yet, thus the EMT certificate. I am going to be taking two years off so I can work and improve a couple of grades on my transcript before I give it another shot. To be honest though, I am somewhat relived to be able to take a break for a while; school has been very stressful. I am very excited to be able to get my EMT certification and actually get work experience in the field that I love while I'm waiting.

A little more about me: I am a nerd through and through. I love all kinds of science (minus physics). I even passed up the book I was reading the other night to peruse my A&P textbook for the semester while I was watching the Olympics!
I also love sewing and other forms of crafting. I just re-arranged my room when I got back from school and I've been crafty making new decorations and rejuvenating some of my old clothes.
I am a big reader and have been tearing through books like crazy this summer, especially the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. It's about an English woman from the 1940's who falls through some standing stones in Scotland and ends up back in the 1700's. They're so addictive!
Currently I am trying to lose a little weight and get into shape. My knees are pretty touchy so I prefer biking and yoga over most other types of exercise, but I am open to other things too!

No comments:

Post a Comment